Italy Travel - Italy Tourist Attractions Wallpapers
Wallpaper Resolutions : | 1024*768 |
Related Travel and Tourist Attractions Wallpapers:
Worldwide Travel - England (Vol.3)
Worldwide Travel - England (Vol.4)
Worldwide Travel - Belgium
Worldwide Travel - Hong Kong
Worldwide Travel - Cambodia
Worldwide Travel - Switzerland
Worldwide Travel - Germany
Worldwide Travel - Italy
Worldwide Travel - Spain
Worldwide Travel - France
Worldwide Travel - Netherlands
Worldwide Travel - Okinawa, Japan
Worldwide Travel - Hawaii
Worldwide Travel - Maldives
Italy (Italian: Italia) is a large country in Southern Europe. It is home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites - art and monuments are everywhere around the country. It is also famous worldwide for its cuisine, its fashion, luxury sports cars and motorcycles, as well as for its beautiful coasts, lakes and mountains (the Alps and Appennines).
Italian Famous CIties:
There is so much to see in Italy that it is difficult to know where to begin. Virtually every small city has an interesting church or two, plus a couple of other things to see.
Etruscan Italy. If you have limited time and no potential to travel outside the main cities, then don't miss the amazing collection at the Etruscan Museum at Villa Giulia in Rome. Hiring a car gives access to the painted tombs and museum of Tarquinia or the enormous burial complex at Cerveteri and those are just the sites within easy reach of Rome.
The Greek Influence. Well-preserved Greek temples at Agrigento in the southwest of Sicily and at Paestum, just south of Naples, give a good understanding of the extent of Greek influence on Italy.
Roman ruins. From the south, in Sicily, to the north of the country Italy is full of reminders of the Roman empire. In Taormina, Sicily check out the Roman theatre, with excellent views of Mt. Etna on a clear day. Also in Sicily, don't miss the well-preserved mosaics at Piazza Armerina. Moving north to just south of Naples, you find Pompeii and Herculaneum, covered in lava by Mt. Vesuvius and, as a result, amazingly well preserved. To Rome and every street in the center seems to have a few pieces of inscribed Roman stone built into more recent buildings. Don't miss the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Aqueducts, the Appian Way, and a dozen or so museums devoted to Roman ruins. Further north, the Roman amphitheatre at Verona is definitely not to be missed.
- 2. Milan Cathedral - Milan Duomo Wallpaper - Gothic Duomo Cathedral Milan, Italy
- 3. Italy Vacation - Italy Travel Photos
- 4. Italy Vacation - Italy Travel Photos
- 5. Roman Forum, Forum Romanum Wallpaper - Rome Historical Buildings
- 6. Castel Sant'Angelo and Bridge, Rome, Italy - St Angelo Castel Wallpaper
- 7. Castel Sant Angelo, View from Ponte Sant Angelo, Rome, Italy - St Angelo Castel Wallpaper
- 8. Dome of of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Italy - Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore Photo
- 9. Bridge and Streetscapes in Florence - Italy Travel Photos
- 10. Piazza della Signoria & Palazzo Vecchio in Florence - Italy Travel Photos
- 11. Saint Mark's Basilica Picture - Saint Mark's Basilica Cathedral in Venice, Italy
- 12. Saint Mark's Basilica Picture - Saint Mark's Basilica Cathedral in Venice, Italy
- 13. Bridge of Sighs Wallpaper - The Ponte dei Sospiri, The Bridge of Sighs in Venice
- 14. La Scala Opera House Wallpaper - La Scala Opera House in Milan, Italy
- 15. Milan Duomo , Milan Cathedral Wallpaper - Gothic Duomo Cathedral Milan, Italy
- 16. Saint Mark's Basilica Picture - Saint Mark's Basilica Details Statues, Venice, Italy
- 17. Italy Vacation - Italy Travel Photos
- 18. Italy Vacation - Italy Travel Photos
- 19. Italy Vacation - Italy Travel Photos