Earth From Above - France, Yann Arthus-Bertrand Aerial Photography
Wallpapers are available in 1024*768 | 1280*800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 | 1600*1200 | 1680*1050 | 6 Different Resolutions
Aerial Photographer: Yann Arthus-Bertrand
Photographer, Filmmaker, Activist, Environmentalist
Yann Arthus-Bertrand is a passionate artist and photographer, and an advocate of nature protection and sustainable development. His “Earth Seen from Above” series, an exhibit of large-scale aerial photography, explores the link between man and nature and encourages viewers to think of the evolution of our planet and the fate of its inhabitants. The exhibit premiered in Paris in 2000 to unprecedented success and went on to travel to cities around the world; by 2008 it had reached over 130 million people on every continent. For his exhibition, “6 Billion Others,” he captured testimonials of the lives of some 6,000 people in more than 65 countries in the form of film vignettes.
Through his environmental NGO, GoodPlanet.org, established in 2005, Mr. Arthus-Bertrand collaborated with the French Ministries of Education and Environment in the production of 22 educational posters on sustainable development featuring his aerial photos. The posters were distributed for free to all schools in France while the project continued for two years focusing on the themes of biodiversity (2007) and energy (2008).
- 23. France From Above - House in Keremma, on Kernic cove at low tide, Finistere, FrancePhoto
- 24. France From Above - Naturists of the center of Arnaoutchot, Landes, France Photo
- 25. France From Above - Oyster beds near Marennes, Charente-Maritime Department, France Photo
- 26. France From Above - Gardens at the Chateau of Vaux-le-Vicomte, Maincy, Seine-et-Marne, France Photo
- 27. France From Above - Agricultural landscape near Cognac, Charente, France Photo
- 28. France From Above - Training arena in the hippodrome of Maisons-Laffitte, Yvelines, France Photo
- 29. France From Above - Nature reserve, Arguin bank, Gironde, France Photo
- 30. France From Above - Dried cracked mud in Camargue, Bouches-du-Rhone, France Photo
- 31. France From Above - Subaquatic vegetation in the Loire river near Digoin, Saone-et-Loire, France Photo