Everton FC : 2009 FA Cup Final Wallpapers
Wallpaper Resolution(s) : | 1024*768 | 1280*1024 |
FA Cup 2009 : Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton
Date : 30 May 2009
Venue : Wembley Stadium, London
Man of the Match : Ashley Cole (Chelsea)
Referee : Howard Webb (South Yorkshire)
2009 FA Cup Final
The 2009 FA Cup Final was the 128th final of the world's oldest domestic football cup competition, the FA Cup. The final was played at Wembley Stadium in London on 30 May 2009 and marked the third time that the final has been staged at the stadium since it was rebuilt. The match was contested by Chelsea, who beat Arsenal 2–1 in their semi-final, and Everton who beat Manchester United 4–2 on penalties after a 0–0 draw after extra time. After Louis Saha opened the scoring after just 25 seconds, the fastest ever goal in an FA Cup Final, Didier Drogba equalised in the 21st minute before Frank Lampard scored the winner with 19 minutes left to play to give Chelsea their fifth FA Cup success.
Chelsea went into the match as four-time FA Cup winners, having previously won in 1970, 1997, 2000 and 2007, while Everton had won the competition five times previously, having won in 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984 and 1995. Coincidentally, both teams' most recent titles came in the FA Cup, both teams beating Manchester United in the final; Everton in 1995 and Chelsea in 2007.
The two teams drew 0–0 in both meetings during the 2008–09 Premier League season, at Goodison Park in December and at Stamford Bridge in April. Prior to the 2009 final, the two teams had never met in the FA Cup Final; their most recent meeting in the FA Cup came in the Fourth Round of the 2005–06 competition, when Chelsea won 4–1 in a replay at Stamford Bridge after a 1–1 draw at Goodison Park. In 154 matches between the two sides in all competitions, Chelsea had recorded 60 wins, Everton had won 48, and 46 matches finished as draws. Before the 2009 final, Everton had not beaten Chelsea in 22 matches; their last victory was a 2–1 league win at Goodison Park in November 2000.
- 2. FA Cup Wallpaper Photo
- 3. FA Cup Wallpaper Photo
- 4. FA Cup photos Photo
- 5. Fan Eddie Cavanagh takes to the pitch in 1966 Photo
- 6. Brian Harris and Brian Labone crown Mike Trebilcock in 1966 Photo
- 7. Everton 1984 FA Cup winning team Photo
- 8. Everton 1995 FA Cup winning team Photo
- 9. Leon Osman scores against Macclesfield Town Photo
- 10. Tim Cahill scores against Aston Villa Photo
- 11. Louis Saha scores against Middlesbrough Photo
- 12. Tim Howard saves a penalty against Manchester United Photo
- 13. Everton fans at Wembley Photo